Tuesday 22 November 2011

Hampton Court Castle - revisited.


Yesterday, I received a surprise email from a member of The British Red Cross Spring Garden Event Committee, Debra Tritton is her name.
It seems that she had come across a post that I wrote back in May about the day the Senior Partner and I had attended the BRCSGE 2011, at Hampton Court Castle in Herefordshire.
Here's a link if you would like to see it: here.
If you google BRCSGE 2011, my post is #6 in the list, who knew?
In 2012 the event is to be held at Berrington Hall, Herefordshire and Ms Tritton very kindly invited me to get in touch with her should we decide to attend the event there.
The Senior Partner and I have already made plans for a vacation next May and it won't be the UK, so sadly we won't be able to go to Berrington and revisit that amazing National Trust property and enjoy one of their amazing cream teas.
I took another look at the May post and enjoyed the event all over again and realised that although I promised to show you the inside of Hampton Court Castle (click on the link to go to the HCC website)I never did write that post.
Well, better late than never!
So sit back, with a cup of your favourite beverage and enjoy a virtual tour of inside Hampton Court Castle.

Warning there are a lot of pix!

The first room that you enter is the Great Hall (pix 1-4)






There are long corridors filled with suits of armour,
 coats of arms, pikes, swords, guns and trophies.

The authentic mediaeval chapel is licensed for weddings.

One of the bedrooms and a large bathroom,
with monogrammed towels.


Another enormous bedroom.

The massive central stone staircase (next 3 pix)
 complete with stuffed lion!




How would you like to celebrate Thanksgiving around this magnificent table?

The Library.

I've added some links in the above text if you would like to learn more about Hampton Court Castle,
they tell the story much better than I can!
If you are ever in the area I can highly recommend a visit to this very quirky and original place.

Joining Bunny Jean for
why not hop on over and meet some new bloggers?

14 comments:

  1. That was one of my favorite places in England as well -- they were just starting to work on the gardens when I was there -- I can imagine what they are like now. Sadly, we didn't get there this trip.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my visit there!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  3. To avaoid any possible confusion I'd just like to point out that this post is about Hampton Court Castle in Herefordshire and not Hampton Court Palace in London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh The history!!!! If only the walls could talk. I'd love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness glory this makes the Ponderosa look like a bump on a log. What a magnificent tour you hosted sweetie.

    Thanks for sharin', it sure took me away for awhile.

    God bless and have a marvelous day sweetie!

    BTW: Giveaway...my place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, thanks for sharing the photos of this special place. Such a treat to visit these age old structures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe at the length of the tables in that hall. They seem to go on forever!

    Thanks for showing us inside. Looks like a fun place to visit - even virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Maggie. The palace photos are really cool. England has done such a wonderful job of preserving its historical heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I think I need to come to England just to visit a few castles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tour, Maggie, the place is magnificent. I want that double mirrored armoire!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maggie- what an incredible place!! And your photos are so wonderful- they show this castle so vividly! You are just so fortunate to be able to visit this incredible place of such great history. Thank you for sharing with us- this was so interesting to me!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son studied abroad last year in England. He loved it. The castle photos are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just think of decorating that hall for the holidays!
    I'd love to visit some of those wonderful old castles and houses. I keep a 'wish list' for that time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!