Friday 22 April 2011

JOYEUSES PAQUES - Vintage French Easter Cards


Whilst browsing french ebay recently for Easter decorations I came across these beautiful vintage Easter cards, mostly dating from the early 1900's.

A fluffy yellow chick & pussy willow.

The message to Demoiselles Venon reads
"Bonjour et vous en brasse Espagnol"

The message on this card was from "votre petite eleve, que ne vous oublie pas"
to Mademoiselle Mathilde de Vierseu.
Postmarked 29.111.07 a Paris.


Joyeuses Paques
Souvenirs et Amities

The postmark on the last card below reads:
New York, N.Y. STA. H.
and is dated
March 29, 11.30 PM 1912.
It was mailed to M'selle Mathilde Engels
chez Villa des Fougeres
Avenue des Arenes de Ciminez
Nice.
I know that I'm a little late in sending my Easter Greetings to all my friends in blogland but we've been without the internet solidly now for 4 days!
I'm writing this post at breakneck speed to try and get it posted before we lose access again.
To those of you who have been kind enough to comment on previous posts, I've really missed visiting your blogs and will try and get back to all of you as soon as normal service is resumed.
Joyeuses Paques everyone.
This Easter Sunday I'm joining the Tablescaper once again for Seasonal Sundays.
Click here or on the sidebar button to visit others celebrating today.

14 comments:

  1. Maggie,

    Just plain gorgeous! I shall have to check out French ebay!

    Your mug mat is done and I will send it next Friday. I have a "show and tell" lunch with friends on Thursday and I am taking mug mats!

    Happy Easter!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these old Easter cards. It's amazing how connected we all are in blogland - imagine being part of the same clan - though my great grandfather was of Irish descent...Glad you are back online. I enjoy your posts. happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards, Maggie. I'm always smitten with the graphics on these vintage cards. Thanks for sharing each of these.
    Joyeuses Paques ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards
    Easter blessings to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty postcards. I love finding out information on people who received these cards. I have many Christmas ones and found that the little boy who sent one card just lived down the street from her. He was about 7 and she was an older woman of 11. I think a crush was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogland after your 4 day vacation. I am glad you are finally back online! I love anything vintage and French. The Easter cards are so pretty. Thanks for sharing them with us!
    ~Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Maggie! Happy Easter to you and your family-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful, this vintage cards! Thanks for showing us.
    Happy Easter to you.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful vinatge cards, Maggie. Happy Easter!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love vintage post cards and these for Easter from France are just lovely. Wonderful finds! Happy Spring and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came over to wish you a Happy Easter!,
    And what do I find, but lovely trees, flowers, beauty everywhere! Tha k you for feeding my sould this afternoon. A much needed vreak. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful collection. Hope you're enjoying your Easter. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!